Monday, July 12, 2010

Announcement!

In case anyone hasn't heard...
This is where I'll be spending the next 18ish months of my life:

Quito, Ecuador! I've been called to the Ecuador Quito Mission, and I leave on September 22. Craziness! I'll enter the MTC two weeks before I turn 21. Honestly, I thought I'd have another month before I left, but I guess the Lord had another idea...
Man, a mission is so much to think about! It's scary at times, but really exciting too.  There's a lot of preparation that goes into it. Getting shots, applying for a passport (which came over the weekend!) and another exciting thing:

This is at the Ogden Temple after my endowment. I'm kinda bummed the pictures all turned out blurry. I tried to fix this one up a bit... It's a little better than it was.  Going through the temple was a really neat experience, I loved it!  I haven't had a chance to go back yet, but hopefully in the next couple days I'll be able to!

These are just a few of the things I've done in preparation so far. There's definitely a lot to go, but there's time. Even though it's going fast! It's already been almost a month since I got my call! Just about 10 weeks now until I leave.  That's a whole 7 weeks after this guy leaves:

He's headed to Eugene, Oregon! He'll be a great missionary! Dev and I have been best friends since middle school, and it's been pretty awesome to be "future missionaries" together! We went to Walmart the other day and ran into a couple different people we know from the theater, and they all said "Hey, it's the two missionaries!"  It's been fun to be entering this stage together! And good to have someone to talk to about it who is in the middle of the same process as I am right now. I'm in Annie at the Heritage Theatre, and it opens just a couple weeks after he leaves, so at least I'll have something to keep me busy! Actually, so busy that I'll most likely be doing a performance two days before I leave. Then there will be two more after I'm gone... Guess it's a good thing I'm playing a fairly small part! It kinda stresses me out that I'm leaving before the show even ends... But like I said, at least I'll be busy right up until I leave.
Well... That's all for now. We just got back from a Norman Family Reunion in Lava Hot Springs, so I'll post some pictures once I upload them!

No comments:

Post a Comment